Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Monday, August 31, 2015

poem comp #2

A compilation of poems I posted on FaceBook.. 


Sunday best

Put your money where
Your mouth is
Show me what you really mean
Because
In the end
Words
Are only words
I'm sure you know
How good you are
How just
But it's not quite so clear
To the rest of us
It is easy
To say
I am a just man
Or
I am just a man
When you have your hand
In the pocket
Of the least of your fellows
It is easy
From a life of ease
To live how you please
That's ok though
If once a week
Amongst your fellows
You wear your
Sunday best

Chris McQueeney ©2015


The way of things

Carry on my friend
You have yet
Much to give
That old sitting tree
Is gone now
And your presence is missed
That curb you sat on
Most days still lingers
Many there remember you fondly
Even quoting you upon occasion
But that is a flimsy substitute
For the real you
There is much I would discuss
With you
Quarks and gravity time
Sobriety
And the way of things
But to burden you
I do not want
Me with my frantic pace
In life
And you with your
Quiet revere

Chris McQueeney ©2015


I am hypocrisy

Sit tall with your hypocrisy
Bring it out
And show it to me
Wear that shit like a badge
Whip it out
To quiet the crowd
Keep them in their place
Acknowledge your inconsistencies
With absolutely no intention
Of changing
For, you are but a human
And humans consistently
Fall short
Absolving you of any
Responsibility
Say with true sincerity
I am hypocrisy
It is part of me
Know this and you too
Will see
Don't
Do as I do
Leave that up to me
It is what I say
That you need to be
Follow me
For I am hypocrisy

Chris McQueeney ©2015


Smile bright

Sometimes I find
That a well meaning
Fuck Off
Is in kind
With a
Thank you
Two examples
Of just two words
That when said
With meaning
Are always bringing
A bright smile
To me
wink emoticon

Chris McQueeney ©2015


Hungry eyes

And the marionette dances
To the haunted glances
Of hungry eyes
Living hand to mouth
Week in the knees
Hands shake
Watch the strings quake
The doll stumble steps
As if in a trance
No chance of the watchers
Looking away
Even though they are hungry today
The whirling jerk of its dance
Is their only chance
Of blotting out the pain
Of an empty belly again

Chris McQueeney ©2015


In the wash

I have fear
In my life today
What if what I need
I just can't be
What if my measures
All fall short
Would that I could
Go back
To the day
That my life was
Ripped away
What if I took two
Steps to the left
Or simply stood in place
Averting
Everything
All the trauma
And pain
Going away without
Even finding me
What If I fall short
And the bar is just too high
I am tired of picking
Gravel from my wounded
Hands and knees
But I have to try
Finding my failings by braille
Life's not over when you fail
Even though I know
Everything will
come out in the wash
I am afraid all the same

Chris McQueeney ©2015


Suspect

Guttering your way through life
Whisper thin and screaming
There you are a banshee 
Bringing It all back to me
Squint against the streaming
Starlight rays reflect
Shattering your intellect
Ideas In your brain careening
Rendering your thought
process suspect
Just try to weather
The storm
Nothing new here
Just the new norm
Brain fried
Hands tied behind
Your back
It's nothing to me
This lack of perspective
Lets keep calm here
We already know
Your thoughts are suspect
And as such
Are held with no respect

Chris McQueeney ©2015


Have nothings

Pull up a stretch of cement
And rest your weary head
Its been a long day
Trying to make way
In this game called life
The divide between
The haves
And the have not's
Is a stark reality
What is even more grim
Are the have nothings
No where to go
Nothing to do
There are channels
On the streets
That are wide and deep
Once you dive in
It is either sink or swim
And the current is strong
Pull up a stretch of cement
And rest your weary head

Chris McQueeney ©2015

1 comment:

Marion said...

Wow!! An awesome collection of great writing. I'm envious. ;-) xo