Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Has recovered





You lived well



Rest well friend
Your life long journey
Has reached its end
You lived well friend
The peace inside
You no longer need defend
Fare you well friend
And with my heart I will send
My prayers for you…
Rest well friend



Chris McQueeney    5/26/12    10:08 A.M. 





Green monkey asked what happened after my father died, and today I will touch on that just a little. The day dad died was fucking crazy. The whole day I was on the phone with friends and family. Telling them about what had happened, and trying to calm that raging thing inside. I wrote about it already but let’s just say that it was enough to swallow my soul.
I was about three months sober at the time and was just starting to recover my life. One of the people who I was on the phone with was Bill. The minute I got back from Corvallis a group of my friends were waiting at my house to take me to an AA meeting. All because Bill knew that if I didn't end up there that night I probably wouldn't survive the week, not just loaded but probably dead.
Bill and Jo and Jim took me to a meeting somewhere, I have no idea where, somewhere. I cried the whole way and Bill comforted me. Again I have no idea what he said, just that he was genuine and that he cared.
At around three this morning a friend of mine passed away, Vicki Smith. Vicki was also Bill's mother in law. This morning I got to call him and tell him that I loved him and my prayers went out to him and his family.
Vicki had an infectious smile and she was around all the time at a very important point in my life. Steve I am so sorry for your loss. Bill and Genia my heart is with you.




Vicki Smith
Recovered
Mother, Friend, Wife
May God walk with you
And hold you in his gentle hands
April    23rd    1961
May    26th      2012




Chris McQueeney    5/26/12    9:53  A.M.

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i am sorry that bills mother passed away man and i am glad you were there to comfort him and pass along the love you got when you dad died....

hugs man.

b

Brian Miller said...

most def man...will have to find a time when our comets are passing....and we'll grab a coffee or something

Wine and Words said...

I'm so sorry Chris...for you and for everyone else who knew and loved her. His gentle hands indeed. May we all live there as well.
Peace friend.

kj said...

So many connections, each confirming for me how much love and community matters and that death doesn't take any of it away. Vicki lives I. Your heart and in her family's. And lucky you to have a friend like bill. Blessings, Chris ♥

Nadja Notariani said...

Loss is difficult. My heart goes out to those who loved her. That you seek to celebrate her, honor her, says so much. Take comfort in the words of King David, who believed with all his heart in the everlasting love of ADONAI...he is always with us, whether we are near or far. Whether in this life or the next...

'ADONAI, you have probed me, and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I stand up, you discern my inclinations from afar, you scrutinize my daily activities.

You are so familiar with all my ways that before I speak even a word, ADONAI, you know all about it already.

You have hemmed me in both behind and in front and laid your hand on me.

Such wonderful knowledge is beyond me, far too high for me to reach.

Where can I go to escape your Spirit?

Where can I flee from your presence?

If I climb up to heaven, you are there; if I lie down in Sh'ol, you are there. If I fly away with the wings of the dawn and land beyond the sea, even there your hand would lead me, your right hand would hold me fast.

If I say,'Let darkness surround me, let the light around me be night,' even darkness like this is not too dark for yu; rather, night is as clear as day, darkness and light are the same.

For you fashioned my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I thank you because I am awesomely made, wonderfully/ you works are wonders - I know this very well.

Tehillim (Psalms) 139

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry for your loss chris.
this is a beautiful tribute.

*hugs*

Green Monkey said...

Chris, as always, thanks for sharing .... that whole one day at a time thing is truth

christopher said...

I would not have known had you not posted and I saw that Bill and Genia have lost Vicky. And Steve has lost her too I suppose. Who knows why one goes and one stays on. My heart hurts but I am glad to know.