Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Saturday, December 17, 2011

As far fetched as can be


                                                          image by Mostafa Habibi



As far fetched as can be


Can you give me a hand
I have a long way to go
And no way to get there without your help
If you look closely you will see
I have everything just so
Oars prone
Beaching stable
A sky oh so to my liking
But it seems I have run into a snag
Strange as it may seem
As far fetched as can be
It is just slightly possible
I may have had a bit
Couldn't have been more than that
Far fetched as can be
strange as it may seem
I might have had a tad to much to drink

Chris McQueeney 12/18/11 11:32 PM


This is a poem inspired by http://magpietales.blogspot.com/2011/12/mag-95.html

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Yes, a similar--yet different--take on the prompt as mine. A new twist on "Call me a cab"!

Ben Ditty said...

I think I had just the right amount to drink last night ;)

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

I am there with you, well done.

:)

Wine and Words said...

Ya think? :) "Nowhere to get there without your help." Such a vulnerable place, but the healing is all in the ability to ask.

Pat said...

It's kind of a morality tale about the consequences of over-imbibing. Nice one!

Unspoken said...

Nuh uh! I don't believe ;)