Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Vissage akimbo

Vissage akimbo

All the lines just so
No one’s visage akimbo
How then to hide in plane site?
With pillar and shoulder as shield
You drink with a wary expression
Your shield is serving twin purposes
For while you hide in plane site
The glassed one can see
All your lines just so
Your visage definitely akimbo
You do not fit

Lunch, George Tooker, 1964, Columbus Museum of Art

This poem and post inspired and linked to http://magpietales.blogspot.com/2011/12/mag-94.html
Again I find my self thanking Christopher for opening avenues unexplored by me!

7 comments:

Doctor FTSE said...

Wry comment on misfits at lunch.

Ben Ditty said...

Great poem and also I love the painting you chose.

Dave King said...

This is a very clever take on the picture. Great write.

CHummelKornell said...

Interesting that you notice the one individual who is out of character with the others. Well done.

Lydia said...

I agree with C Hummel Kornell. You obviously have the eye of a poet, because your eye landed on the misfit. I really like your take on the painting prompt.

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

amazing.

authentic poetry, smiles.

Greetings:

Hope all is well.

Come join our poetry picnic today,

Random poems are welcome in case you don’t have a theme fitting one.
First time participants can submit 1 to 3 random poems,

Best wishes.
Happy Holidays.
Looking forward to seeing you share.
xoxox

Unspoken said...

I like what you did with the drinker in the corner. I can't help but notice though he is in plain sight, everyone around him pretends not to see.