Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Friday, October 5, 2012

Hang my hat



I guess I


The lion offered
Me a bag of cookies
I took them without a thought
The lion smiled
To be in my company again
I then bit my face off
While the lion looked
At me thunderstruck
I guess I
Was the dangerous one


Chris McQueeney
10/4/12
8:52 A.M.



I guess In a way the accident back in july has destroyed my life. Not beyond repair understand...but it has caused some serious side affects that never would have happened otherwise. One of those being that my writing has basically been strangled...and what I have been able to produce feels hollow to, like it's soul was missing. The above poem was the first that got the spark in a long while. This void in me has percipitated a change in my aproach to what is happning. I can't hang my hat on the fact that this all isin't my fault...though true, will kill me in the long run. 

I guess I
Want to live




8 comments:

christopher said...

The lion has acted with astounding grace, letting you have the cookies but not yet ripping you to shreds as any self respecting lion does with prey. He isn't all that hungry himself perhaps, which means you and others may have assisted him in his feeding habits. But then we should not take metaphor too far...

You on the other hand have been just as vicious with yourself as you depict. Those who love you near and far, love you pretty much no matter what, all call out, "Stop it!"

Brian Miller said...

so stop biting your own face off brother....when you try to hard nothing feels right...its not a bad verse, kinda like a fable...here is a thought...write about what you feel right now, in verse...let the emotions just go and see what happens...make me feel what you are feeling...

Bill188bfl said...

Avoid lions as much as possible.

Furtheron said...

Hi you popped over my place... I do have anon commenting enabled you have to scroll to the bottom of the profile list options... Having it enabled is a headache due to amount of spam I get but will continue to have it so

Nadja Notariani said...

Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt.
Decided to start hanging out with dogs instead.
Bwaahahaha.

BerlinerinPoet said...

A blogger I follow once lost the muse for like...five months and then she just came back with a vengeance. I hope she'll return to you as well.

Green Monkey said...

I'm soooo glad you want to live.

its like Wine and Words said... (paraphrased)

it may look like a door but its actually a bridge.

I promise you... this will take you somewhere and you will like what you find, deep within your soul. give it time, believe, listen, know that you are loved

just a girl said...

your poem has heart.

and your personal note?
heartfelt.

*squishy hugs*