Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Monday, October 17, 2011

Update on the cigarette situation.

I have had NO cigarettes for over six days….over the hump!!! I am still using the patch. It took about three days to drop the smokes on the patch. Fuck man, I gotta say quitting is tough. A good portion of my life has revolved around supporting my habit. The mental obsession to smoke is a powerful one to overcome, but this time something is different. My body may want, but my soul doesn’t. Today I have a lot of gratitude, the shackles have been lifted! What a birthday present to myself, one week off of cigarettes.
Ok, enough about cigarettes. I am having some peace and comfort in my life. It has been a long time, and I have been feeling a bit hope less about it, but I guess just like Oregon, wait five minutes and the weather will change. I have a friend who has asked me to help him with his writing. I think he thinks he is putting me out by asking me, he is not. Again another thing to be grateful for, one year ago I couldn’t even write, and now I am in a position to help someone else.
Have a good day people, may your wanderings be fruitful.
Chris McQueeney 10/17/11 9:15PM

2 comments:

Wine and Words said...

Happy Birthday Chris! And happy 6 days smokeless! I think that's so awesome and I'm happy to hear that peace and comfort have accompanied fall into your life.

christopher said...

Yes, my friend, Bippy Hearthday.