Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Thursday, June 2, 2011

View

This blog thing is pretty cool. I get to express what is going on in my head, and then others get to directly respond. After checking my posts I look at the stats to see where my views are coming from. I thank all of you for going down (or up) this road with me.
                Today I looked at my audience and saw that I had a couple of views from the Netherlands and   Germany. This struck me as a huge thing, not that I have viewers, that I can have the potential of speaking to people in Europe, and the ease of it is amazing. I have been in the superhighway, It is a place that is everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Thank you fellow wanderers.  Tomorrow I want to write about Germany, I was there in two thousand five, and I had a good time.
I would write more but I am tired, bone weary. Good night.

1 comment:

christopher said...

You get it. It is pretty cool. Social media like Facebook is mainly local though it doesn't have to be. I have a Facebook friend who lives in Spain, another in Ireland. They come from blog contacts however. Blogs are truly international. I am nearing my third anniversary. I now have about 4000 site hits a month.

To be clear about it, there is nowhere near that many readers, I am sure. What happens is that you get a place in the search engines and people looking for stuff come by and go on. Also sites in some locations are blind sites that mask web surfing locations for those who wish that service. Germany and the Netherlands have those sites and so do the US and Canada and Russia but I don't know how many other places. That means your record from these locations will skew from multiple visits from these sites which then lead anywhere in the world.

Your stats will not be accurate about readership only about site visits, however brief, and you will never know really where your audience is except when they comment and you get a chance to get to know them.

However, this whole thing is similar to being a published writer who only gets an idea of who buys his books by going on road trips to meet them. However he can tell by sales that people are reading. Just because a book is purchased doesn't mean it is read, of course.