Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Friday, July 29, 2011

Another one, thank you Christopher

This thing

I hold it in my hands this thing so fragile
Tenuous
I can with one twitch
Nerves fired racing through channels
Long established for just that
Crush it, tear it, rend it
Fragile this thing in my hand is
Tenuous
With one impulse I can
Racing nerves quieted
Seldom used But for this
Caress it, nurture it, breath life
Into its farthest recesses
This thing so fragile, tenuous

Chris Mcqueeney, 7-29-11

       On a job site recently I caught a humming bird in my hands; it had got caught a large wall of bay windows. Giving to you the poem, that was not inspired by this incidence, I leave This you to ponder the outcome.

1 comment:

Sage Ravenwood said...

Beautiful imagery! These tender moments stay with us.

At times we find the ability to be tender with fragile things, but seldom realize our hearts are just as fragile and easily broken. ~ Indy