Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Friday, January 6, 2012

Short short for 55 word Friday



This asshole in Jackson




(big city cowboy by  ATMAN  VICTOR)



I’m so fucking tired!
This asshole in Jackson stole my horse; bute named Burt, not the horse, the asshole! Got the drop on me, on account of me being in the jug. Won’t happen again! For one thing, I got my piece skinned, back to the wall. For another, I aint got no fucking horse!

by Chris McQueeney
Hello, bluebell books short story slam officials, I agree to have my work, This asshole in Jackson, self published in your Love In Creativity Project.

Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came"
by Robert Browning (only section 34 from the above titled poem)
Picture and poem fragment curtisy of, and From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Inspired by a post from Writerquake click here


Here,
XXXIV.
File:Thomas Moran Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came 1859.jpg
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came painted by Thomas Moran in 1859.
There they stood, ranged along the hillsides, met
To view the last of me, a living frame
For one more picture! in a sheet of flame
I saw them and I knew them all. And yet
Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set,
And blew "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came."










6 comments:

G-Man said...

Hey...Nice job!
Great pic.
Loved your 55.
You are always invited to join the Friday Funfest. Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Brian Miller said...

nice play off of lydia...and of course browning...and king...smiles.

christopher said...

Keep it up...you are getting better as you go.

Wine and Words said...

I relate to that second pic. Tired.

"I saw them and I knew them all. And yet..."

*sigh*

Ben Ditty said...

Great words and pics! Hug for Annie.

Lydia said...

Why, thank you for the shout-out! That image of the cowboy was mighty inspiring, pardner! Your write was great and I hope you will be back for Friday 55.