Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Monday, May 12, 2014

Until One Day It Was Gone










Until One Day It Was Gone


In the tree of
My life
On view
I write for you
This eu-lo-gy,
Not for me
Of course,
But instead
For the horse
I rode in on.
Too many
Months now
He rode, and wow
What a job
Did he!
No longer needed
His life force
Ebbed; receded,
Until one day
It was gone...


Chris McQueeney  5/12/14    10:48  P.M.


Here is the song that I have been hearing for the last few days  where did you sleep last night as played by Nirvana in their last live performance Nirvana Unplugged in New York




7 comments:

Carrie Van Horn said...

"For the horse I rode in on"....yes we should all write a eulogy for him....we certainly all have one metaphorically speaking.....love this Chris!

Brian Miller said...

pretty intense....and after the horse is gone...i guess you walk for as long as you can...interesting write chris...

Other Mary said...

Chris - hey good to read you again. Loving the short lines and rhymes in this. Sad to think this is what happens when we're no longer needed.

Scarlet said...

Hi Chris, you linked this up with Real Toads for Susie McMahon's arts? But I don't see the imagery of her work but the one from The Mag ~ Please let me know if you have linked by error ~ If you did, I will remove the link ~

Thanks & have a good week ~ Grace

Scarlet said...

Oh I see, the tree of life & the horse who carried us through it all ~ I think we take for granted what sustains us until the energy is fully depleted ~ I appreciate your participation Chris ~

No worries, I will keep your link ~

Wishing you Happy Week ~ Hope you are well ~ Grace

christopher said...

No whips, damn it!

Tess Kincaid said...

I like the notion of life being a tree...