Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Street walker

prospective


Life leaves it’s marks on your soul
Mine has been stamped for sure
Walk until you can’t walk anymore
See just where that will leave you
After a while the veneer of society grows thin
If you are lucky you will find a meal
And a place to sleep for the night
Growing up no one ever told me how cold it could get
Living under a bridge downtown
No one ever told me that if you stop to rest
For even a minute you will freeze to death
Puts life into prospective


I was homeless only a short time but being so left some scars. It has been over a year now since I lived on the streets but still it seems strange to be in a place I can call my own. I still sleep fully dressed. I have a hard time sleeping if I undress. There were times when I wore the same cloths for weeks at a time without changing. Have you ever worn your socks until they turned hard. I was a bum, a street walker. I never understood what being a street walker meant until that life was forced on me. Even after more than a year I feel as though the other shoe is about to drop. I wonder how long that will go on for. I now have a roof over my head and am of sound mind…it takes a kind of madness to survive being homeless especially in the winter. My situation only got better because of the legal system and a friend or two. 

No comments: