Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Another one of those days



Wall punch your way


A friend asked me today
What love meant to me
And what I had to say
             About it
I drew a blank
And I have to thank you
For getting out of it-
What does love mean to me
Is it the thing that has
Caused me countless
Hours     of      misery
Heart ache and pain
         Eyes dribbling
Wall    punch    your    way
Through another day of 
love
       Or is it the other
Chest 
             constricting
Heart melting through your
     Fingertips 
                kind of way
Love is like an IV drip
Keeping me alive another day
        I like to think the latter
At least that is what keeps me
               Coming back 
       for more


Chris McQueeney    11/20/14


No comments: