Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Monday, August 27, 2012

Perdition





By me

There’s no need
For me still to be
The family tragedy
That path with it’s
Well-worn treads
Has been traveled
Far enough
No longer a life
Of crime
This life of mine
Walking forward through
Years of neglect
I step onto
The road untraveled
By me













Chris McQueeney    8/20/12    11:50 P.M.

The still images are from the movie The road to perdition.
one of my all time favorite movies 

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

feels like a change...unaccepting of the way things are and being willing to find the new roads...

christopher said...

Upstate In Michigan

I was so in love
with my gun, my beautiful
shined up lead filled rod
before you took me down
on the road to Perdition.
They made that town up,
the bastards. You said
it was real and you lied to
save your soul right then.

A wild goose flew past
the windshield of the antique
ride assigned to me
as I drove us smack
into the stony field wall
on the road's left side.

Sage Ravenwood said...

Well said, sometimes the greatest testament of survival is to simply - live. (Hugs) Indigo

Maude Lynn said...

I love those opening lines!

Nadja Notariani said...

Ahh...the possibilities aheah on that unshaped, untainted horizon.

Nadja Notariani said...

ahem...ahead. Note to self *wear glasses* LOL.

Wander said...

Lol Schultz typos are my friend:-)

Unspoken said...

This is... beautiful. And true. Yay, Mama Zen is here :). I like her stuff (as you know)!