Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Way Back machine speaks to me








Genghis Rode away


Having always been
A man ahead of the times
Living this way seems
I don’t know
Off, menial, out of line
From where a me, Like me, should be
I remember the day
(Over inflated fat head)
Genghis Rode away
With his hordes
All those mongrels
With their swords thinking
To batter down that wall
(With their fat foreheads)
This yurt filled valley
Is not near big enough for me!
I have a business plan or three
While the high and
Mighty Khan with his hordes
Are sacking towns and villages
With their swords
 (Their fat foreheads is more likely)
Me, now me I will be
Conquering the world
One plate at a time, you know…culinary
If , that is, I can get my wives to agree
 One thinks to call it P.F. something
The other swears it should be
A Mongolian grill starting with Chang’s
Well, we’ll see


Chris McQueeney    8/4/12    11:47 P.M.





This poem is linked to dVerse poets pub where Brian of weighstationone  has asked us to go into the way back machine to bring forth some verse from yesteryear...please check out what others are serving on their plates

first image is Mongolian Boy by Harry Partridge 
Second image curtsy of Bing image 

15 comments:

Dave King said...

Great idea, fantastic subject, extremely well done.

Brian Miller said...

dude...i love PF Changs...one of my fav dinner places....our nearest is 2 hours away...i like you take on its histry, ha...and if you ever get the chance...get the banana spring rolls for dessert...they are amazing...

christopher said...

Yes indeedy do! Top end. Of all the stuff I have read of yours, this is the one I like best.

Claudia said...

haha..love it..so creative...and...Conquering the world
One plate at a time...well that's how it should be done...smiles

kj said...

well, that's a great idea: food fights instead of guns.

you do a fine job of drawing a slow line between a tyrant and a chef. power corrupts, power nourishes.

nice going, chris.

hee hee

love
kj

Unknown said...

Thanks for the smiles x x

Unspoken said...

Good morning, mind is fresh and fingers busy at keyboard hah! ;-),

I like this poem very much. primarily because it made me laugh!
A man ahead of the times
Living this way seems
I don’t know
Off, menial, out of line
From where a me, Like me, should be...

...This yurt filled valley
Is not near big enough for me!
I have a business plan or three

laughed out loud

Yes let the culinary masters of the earth conquer the world! (PF Changs? yumMMMMMMMM, not a bad way to go down!)

JiRa said...

That's great... made me laugh. Love the PF Changs we have here although a reservation is required these days. Last time the wait was over an hour so we went to Cafe Ole instead... one side of the world to the other. LOL!

flipside records said...

This is great. :)

These are my favorites:

"With his hordes
All those mongrels
With their swords thinking"

"Me, now me I will be"

"One plate at a time, you know…culinary"

"If , that is, I can get my wives to agree"

Funny ending as well. :)

Ben Ditty said...

I could go for some Chinese food after reading ;-)

ds said...

Ha ha! So that's how the chain began, eh? ;-)
Fun stuff, thanks.

Other Mary said...

That's hilarious, but the pic is pretty gruesome! Nice write.

BerlinerinPoet said...

I loved this poem, but agree with @OtherMary GROSS picture!

Nadja Notariani said...

Simply stated, Chris...excellent satire. ~ Your Somewhat Friendly Neighborhood Barbarian Bent On World Domination, Schultz

Chris McQueeney said...

Hi Chris McQueeney. This is the other Chris McQueeney. I like the idea of a dual recurring post.