Blah Blah Blah

I'm not here right now, leave your name and number after the beep.......

Thursday, December 11, 2014

beauty




The rarity of life


I always imagined living the life of
A soldier son
In the wake of battle
I would return home
To the accolade of my family
Never one to rest on my laurels
I would run an inn or something of the sort
Over pints of beer the fellows and I would extol
The virtues of life when we were coming up
How things were harder but better
And how the world would fall apart
If only they didn’t change the tune on the radio
Life would be grand
wouldn't talk much about war
Only on the rare occasion
When fully in my cups
Catch me at the right moment
I wouldn’t speak of the glory of war
Only the grimness
And the rarity of life
And the beauty



Chris McQueeney    12/11/14

No comments: